The Top Ten Ways to Make Money from Your PLR
If you are anything like a lot of online marketers, there’s a good chance you’ve got a ‘stash’ of PLR products hidden away on your computer or on some other digital storage device. PLR or Private Label Rights, are ‘done-for-you’ products you can purchase with rights to use as your own.
You can find them for just about any niche or topic you can think of. When you buy them, you get the right to do almost anything you like with them.
There are some limits though to what you can do with them. As an example, you usually can’t resell the rights to these materials unless it includes some special rights to do so. Other than that, you have a free reign to do whatever you want; you can rewrite them, repackage and rebrand them, give them away in exchange for an opt in or sell them. You can also claim authorship and ownership of the products and sell them to your customers.
None of that matters though if you just keep purchasing these PLR products and just let them gather cyber dust on your hard drives, or if you don’t put them to good use so you can make money with them. After all, that was the whole reason to purchase them in the first place.
Ways to Make Money from Your PLR
There is a long list of possible things you can do with these little ‘time-saver’ products however, I’m just going to list what I think are the top ten ways to make money using PLR.
- Use the content to create fresh and regular blog posts for your website – we all know that search engines love content and PLR will help make the process of regular publication a whole lot easier.
- Create your own products – Info products are only becoming more and more popular in just about any niche you can think of – this can be in the form of eBooks, audios, videos, lesson modules etc. You can even turn these into physical products.
- Affiliate Marketing – with almost all these examples there are opportunities for you to add your own affiliate links to products and services you recommend – don’t miss this opportunity.
- List-Building – Use your PLR to build your mailing lists – create free reports or mini-courses or run a challenge for your subscribers or customers.
- Use PLR to write an autoresponder series to provide value and increase engagement from your mailing lists.
- Create your own Podcast to build a following – Podcasts are a great way to build a tribe of loyal followers and you can submit it to places like iTunes, SoundCloud, BuzzSprout or other podcast publishers.
- Turn your PLR into video tutorials for your YouTube channel and get traffic back to your website or promote your affiliate links.
- Create useful bonuses for either your own products or to encourage people to purchase items through your affiliate links.
- Turn your PLR into ‘Traffic Magnets’, by creating articles you can publish on article directories, or into free reports you can publish on free
1 Use PLR to create a continuity program or membership site where you can turn it into some regular income.
One thing to keep in mind when you are re-purposing your private label rights content, if you like the idea of publishing on Amazon Kindle, then you will want to make sure you do a good job of rewriting and re-branding the material, and making it original.
A while back, Amazon cracked down on people publishing PLR products which was turning kindle books into ‘junk’ products. Their publication rules help to maintain better standards which helps everyone. So that’s a bonus point, you can publish on Kindle so long as you follow the rules.
Even if these were the only profitable things you could do with your PLR and you managed to implement half of them, you would benefit far beyond the normally very reasonable prices you might pay for such products.
Shortcuts for Content Creation with PLR
Content is the key to making money online in whatever form that might take, the written word, audio visuals etc. Without good quality content, you won’t ever be able to build a consistent business online. If you’ve been online for even a short time, then you likely know that creating this ongoing stream of fresh and useful content can be time consuming.
Private Label Rights products are a wonderful way to help save time and we all know ‘time is money’. Another good thing about PLR is you can easily outsource the rewriting, you don’t have to do it all yourself, and so you save even more time. Just have a VA do some relevant keyword research and pick some target keyword phrases that relate to your PLR content, and make sure you use them when you rewrite the content.
One other tip, which also helps you make money from your PLR, is to make sure any rewriting is done so it incorporates your own personality. This will help to build your reputation and your following, and in turn, helps translate into dollars and cents.
Don’t let your PLR continue to gather cyber dust … start using it to build some profitable assets and grow your business.
There you have it, ten awesome ways to make money from the PLR you buy. Make sure the sellers are top quality people. Do some research or standby for a post on 5 really great providers.
James W. Brown